As it happens, I have found that there are a few specific addictions that have outlasted temporary status, and become long-lasting fixations. These are the things that I focus on in my free time. The things that demand my attention. The things that I can become completely absorbed in, regardless of the time I have spent on them recently, or how long I have been away from that particular
So here is a list of the things that I am most addicted to.
- Puppies - Because who could resist that face? I think those of you who have been around here long enough know just how much I love Sophie, my dog. Even if she is kinda stupid....
|Sister's Puppy, Lily|
- Blogging - I can't actually say that this is one of my long-lasting obsessions that I keep coming back to....I haven't been doing this kind of blog long enough to know for sure....but it's definitely not my first venture into writing. Or into blogging.
- Video Games - These are definitely an obsession that I mess with. I know that I've said that working screens turn men into zombies..... but as it turns out, they turn me into a zombie also. My game of choice varies quite a bit, but there is always a game that I'm likely to play on any given day.
- SyFy and Anime TV series - These change from time to time, but Fiance and I own every single Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis episode there is on dvd. We also own all of Andromeda. Plus a plethora of anime's....including Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball Z, Witchblade..... I'm obsessed, people. Not to mention all the shows available for free through Hulu.
- Polka Dots - This is easily my favorite pattern ever. If I have more than one of something, you can bet that at least one of them is covered in polka dots. Even my blog background, which I made myself, has a kind of polka dot look to it. I just can't help myself.
- Cookies - This one is obvious. Quite frankly, how could I NOT be addicted to cookies? I was a big fan of the Cookie Monster for a very long time.....at least until they messed with him so that he'd be more "healthy."
- Dinosaurs - These are my favorite creatures of all time. They are also lots of fun to draw! Here are just a few of the drawings I've already done of them!
- Fancy Classic-Looking Books - If you have a nice thick, heavy, book that is leather-bound with built-in ribbon bookmarks and gold-edged pages, you can bet that I want to buy it from you! I think that the look of a bunch of those kinds of books lined up on a shelf or fireplace mantle is so classy. I am just addicted to it.
- Cooking - I love cooking. Cooking desserts, cooking entrees, cooking rolls, cooking pasta, cooking pizzas.....LOVE it. One year spent in a kitchen-less dorm was all my inner housewife needed to roar its ugly head and insist on kitchen access on a regular basis.