- The duster has a French accent
- Belle likes reading! Reading is awesome!
- Belle actually wears more than two outfits. In fact, she has FOUR! Most princesses have just their regular everyday outfit and their fancy ballgown. Belle is just awesome because she has more than two sets of clothing!
- Lumiere reminds me of Luigi.
- That ballroom is awesome. It's the stuff of DREAMS.
- It's totally awesome seeing Gaston rejected repeatedly. Presumptuous Asshole + Smart Girl = REJECTED.
- Unlike some princesses, Belle doesn't enslave the local woodland critters to do her bidding with song.
- Gaston has a butt chin. Heehee.
- As the main protagonist, Belle is NOT a damsel in distress, unlike MOST Disney princesses. She is actually the hero!Just think about it! She rescues her father from certain death in a prison cell, and then breaks the witch's spell and rescues the handsome prince!
- This movie gives young girls an accurate impression of men. The "cute" boys are assholes, and even the nice guys are....shall we say, rough around the edges. No Prince Charming here! (Seriously, the Beast can't be Prince Charming. Not with THOSE table manners!)
|That's right, Ladies. You could have all this in real life!|
Beauty and the Beast is way better than the Lion King....and I should know, because I have more Disney movies than Sister.
**Today is day 2 of a very special occasion...joint posts between me and Sister for a WHOLE WEEK! Now that you're done reading here, please make your way to her page and check out the other half of our blogging sibling project!**