Today...because I'm lazy and don't feel like writing....I am going to showcase a few AWESOME dinosaurs, and then you can say you learned something today! Yay for education!
Today's Dinosaur Family is the STEGOSAURS!!!
A bit of information, made easy to read because I've arranged it in a nice little list for you.
- All members of this family are four legged herbivores
- The name means "Roofed Lizards"
- They're easy to identify because of the twin rows of bony plates on their backs and the spikes on their tails
- It is thought that the tail spikes were used as clubs to fight predators or other stegosaurs
- The purpose of the large bony spikes on the back is unknown, but it is thought that they may have helped to regulate body temperature in the same way that an elephant regulates body temperature with its large ears.
...And that is all. I hope you all have enjoyed today's informative blogging session!
Also, I'm busy tonight and traveling tomorrow. I won't get home till Monday. I will do my best to post SOMETHING while I'm away from home....
But I make no promises.