Saturday, September 25, 2010

You Never Know When Something Bad is Gonna Happen

....which is why people should have a Bucket List.  I don't have one yet, myself.  But it really is true.  You never know when something is gonna happen.  One day, you're just minding your own business, taking your dog on a walk, and BAM.  You get hit by a truck.  Or something....

....Anyways, the point is that bad things do happen.  And that's why we should all have a bucket list, and be working on it at all times.  Writing it.  Completing it.  Working on acting on it.  A list of things to do before we kick the bucket, so to speak.

And that's what I'm going to do....So....Here's my on-the-spot made-it-up-off-the-top-of-my-head Bucket List... or at least the top 6 items on it or so.


1. Collect a personal library of books large enough to fill an entire wall of shelving

The scene in Disney's Beauty and the Beast where the Beast shows Belle the castle's library is my favorite scene out of every Disney movie I've seen yet.  I have always wanted a library like that in my own home.  I know such a thing will never happen, of course.  But...I am still a bookworm.  I can devour large books in one sitting.  While I read many genre's, my favorite is still fantasy/science fiction.  One day, I hope to have a wall or two covered in shelving in my home and laden down with books.  Books that I have read, and love.  One day, I think it will happen.... I hope. lol.

2. Have kids

Preferably twins.  I know it's not exactly ambitious, but that's what I want to do.  Plus, I've always thought it would be nice if I had a set of twins.  They're be super good friends their whole life.  I'm betting it would be worth all the work of raising two infants simultaneously....I hope.... =/

3. Become Super Famous


I work really hard on my blog.  I don't want the kind of famous that comes with acting or singing or anything like that.  I want what I call limited fame.  I want to be famous with just a specific demographic.  The demographic of people who read blogs.  =).  Currently my readership looks something like this:

But I REALLY want my readership to look more like this:

I know it's sort of a long shot, but...anyways, fingers crossed!

4. Own at least three highly trained, small, fuzzy dogs at the same time, and teach them to perform tricks in tandem.

I envision something like...a flea circus....except real.  Maybe like the lion tamer in a circus that trains them to run in circles and hop through hoops of fire, and stuff.  Like that....except with dogs.  Maybe Papillons.... or Toy Fox Terriers...Scottish Terriors....Daschunds....Corgis....you know, the cute fuzzy kind.  But no chihuahuas.  I'm sorry, but they're just rat dogs.


5. Go Bungee Jumping

Which is definitely a better option than sky diving.  I'll take a bungee cord before I'd go for a parachute.  Plus the heights are a little more manageable for me with bungee jumping than they are with sky diving.



I imagine that my reaction will be something like that. I'm hoping to make it through the ordeal without any unintentional crying, whimpering, or urination.

6. Write an ACTUAL bucket list

Because this last-minute stuff has turned out this pathetic excuse of a list.  Apparently, I'm not very good at coming up with anything too fantastic off the top of my head.

...but...well, at least three of these six things are not only possible, legitimately likely to happen.

What about you guys?  What are some of the things you want to do before you die?

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to run a marathon...and I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on number one. I also read large books in a single sitting. Mostly Science Fiction/Fantasy... And definitely not girly romance novels... Shut up.

    Interesting Blog goal. Mine's more like http://chickenmaker.blogspot.com/2009/07/master-plan.html

    And I'd say they're all moderately likely besides the trained animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the twins gene in your family, so good luck on #2. I wanted twins the first time and took to wearing a Minnesota Twins hat everywhere during that time. Didn't work.

    As far at the library goes, when the big EMP hits and we are all living by candlelight, libraries will be the new internet. As far as collecting them, go to Goodwill for very cheap collections of books. Garage sales often have books from people who are giving up on their library bucket list.

    ReplyDelete